Curriculum - PE
Physical Activity Policy
Please see this document containing our policy on physical activity and interpreting Government guidance on Covid 19 within a PE, school sport and physical activity setting.
Provision for PE, sport and physical activity at Amotherby Community Primary School
PE, physical activity and sport play an important part in the life of Amotherby Primary School and our children have access to at least two hours of high quality PE each week either indoor or outdoor. Pupils also have access to other sport and physical activity through our extra-curricular opportunities during and after school.
We firmly believe that, given opportunities to take part in a range of activities – those of a competitive nature, physical activity, high quality PE provision and team based sports - children will practice the life skills of empathy, resilience, meeting a challenge and developing high aspirations for themselves. Therefore with partnership with Malton Sports Centre and North Yorkshire Sport children at Amotherby take place in inter-school competitions including football, rugby, cross country, basketball and swimming.
Teaching at Amotherby
Please see our planning and progression grid here:
· Staff CPD for whole teaching staff including additional training for PE lead. All teaching staff are now using the Jasmine platform.
· Staff are starting to use Jasmine platform to assess the learning in PE.
The impact of the Sports Premium is evaluated in a number of ways including:
· Analysis of the increased numbers of children engaged in sport and physical activity.
· An increase in the variety of sports opportunities available in school.
· Pupil voice regarding children’s understanding of the importance of a healthy diet, regular exercise and their enjoyment of Physical Education in school.
· Implementation of skills gained by teaching staff on specific sporting courses.
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE & Sport Premium Funding
The document below shows the evidence of the impact of the PE and Sport Premium at Amotherby Community Primary School.
After school clubs
We run a range of after school clubs including football, cricket, netball and multi-sports clubs.
As part of our commitment to our development of PE, physical activity and sport provision, we have committed to using a portion of our funding to become a partner with Malton Sports Centre.
We are proud to be members of the Youth Sport Trust and participate in the School Games Mark.
PE Policy 2020
Progression of skills
FUNS- Fundamental movement